37. In the compendium of Registered Suppliers, comprehensive gradation of the firm will be indicated viz classification of the Supplier as an industry (Large or Small Scale and category as per para 23 and grading as per para 25 above). For example a Large Scale Industry has Design, Development & Production capability and Supplier grading as Grade I will be stated as LS-DDP-Grade I in the compendium as well as Registration Certificate.
38. Compendiums of registered suppliers of each discipline/AHSP will be prepared in two volumes as per details given below:-
(a) Volume I. This will be prepared to indicate/details of registered sources of supply for all end stores/equipment and ancillaries. This volume will be in three parts as under:-
(i) Section A. Firm-wise alphabetical list of registered Suppliers qualifying for tender enquiries covering their entire range of stores, equipment, spares tools, other accessories/sub-assemblies and processes for which the Supplier is registered. Specific details of types, ranges, tolerances and limits for each item will be given.
(ii) Section B. Product/item-wise directory of registered firms with cross-reference to firms covered under Section A.
(iii) Section C. Engineering process-wise directory of registered firms with cross reference to firms covered under Section A.
(b) Volume II Compendium of registered sources of supply for specific items after Qualification/Type approval, as Original Equipment (OE) supplier, items cleared for rate contracts and sources for indigenised spares. Qualification approval is a status given to a manufacturer in recognition of their capability to produce an item conforming to the requirements of the stipulated and relevant paper particulars, standards and specifications. Type approval is given to a manufacturer in recognition of their capability to produce an equipment/stores that meets all design specifications and test requirements including type tests, fitment and performance tests under varying climatic/terrain conditions as laid down by the approval authority.
39. Layout of compendiums: The details of the layout of compendiums are given at Appendix ‘H’ to this guide. These layouts will be followed and complete gradation of Suppliers described in para 25 above along with month and year of registration/renewal will invariably be indicated in Section A.
40. Updating of compendiums: The compendiums will be updated through notifications by the issuing authorities once in every quarter i.e.. April, July, October and January for amendments processed during the preceding quarter. The notifications will be issued as per specimen at Appendix ‘J’ to this guide. The details that may be included in the notification are as under:-
- Addition of new sources of supply.
Deletion of Suppliers already registered with reasons.
Approval of new sources/products against Qualification/Type Approval, indigenisation and rate contract items.
Revision of grading or other important details given in existing edition of the compendium.
Fresh updated compendiums will be issued at least once in three years. Copies of compendium of Registered Suppliers as and when issued will also be endorsed to all Technical Directors of DGQA, Order Placing authorities like Ordnance Factories, DGOS/COD’s etc and to Principal Purchase Officers in Ministry of Defence/Service HQs. Copies of updated notifications as per para above will also be given to all concerned.