Directorate of Quality Assurance (WP), New Delhi
DQA(WP) through its field units provides Quality Assurance cover for all types of marine 'Engineering' & 'Hull' machinery (including associated electrical/electronics equipment/control system) and spares being procured against Purchase order placed by Defence Shipyards, Naval Procurement Agenices and coast Guard, both for warship under construction and in commission.
- Aprroval of Drawings for machinery and Spares ordered.
- Approval of Quality Assurance Plans.
- Inspection & Factory Acceptance Trials as per Approved QAPs.
- Acceptance of Imported machinery /equipment/Stores.
- Formulation of Master QAPs
- Participation in TNCs/TECs, PNCs/CNCs and NLCs (both at IHQ,MOD(N) and commands)
- Vendor Registration through Capacity Assessment for manufacturing and financial soundness and periodic renewal through Vendor Rating in a accordance with laid down procedure.
Location: QAE(WE)'H' Block,DHQ PO New Delhi - 110011
Tel. No. 011- 23015814
Fax No. 011- 23013491
Role & Function